Who we are
This website is exclusively owned and operated under the name StorySelling Solutions LLC (“StorySelling Solutions” or “Company”).
This policy also covers StorySelling Solutions’ treatment of any personally identifiable information that StorySelling Solutions’s business partners share with StorySelling Solutions or that StorySelling Solutions may collect on a partner’s site.
Unless specified otherwise on the website, individuals submitting personally identifiable information must be at least 14 years of age and a legal resident of the United States before participating in any activity that requires the submission of Personal Information.
Please be aware that when it comes to your privacy, StorySelling Solutions uses its best efforts to protect all personal data collected on our website. The following outlines what information is collected and how it will be used. Yes, your privacy is very important to us.
Our website address is: https://StorySelling Solutions.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
StorySelling Solutions will be the sole owner of all information collected on this site. StorySelling Solutions collects personally identifiable information from persons who are at least 14 years of age when:
- You respond to a contact submission form found on our website or Email us;
- You visit pages within the StorySelling Solutions website;
- You transact business with us, our affiliates or business partners;
- We access publicly available information from public suppliers of such information, including, but not limited to, government agencies and consumer reporting agencies, to assist in the enforcement and monitoring of your transactions.
- We send one or more cookies to your computer that uniquely identify your browser. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
- Storing user preferences;
- Tracking user trends and activity, including, specifically, how you arrived at our site; and
- Delivering information specific to your needs and interests;
- Some features and services of the StorySelling Solutions website or other sites may not function properly if your cookies are disabled; and
StorySelling Solutions may collect the following types of information. Please note that the decision to provide information to us is completely voluntary on your part:
- Information which personally identifies you and which may include, but is not limited to: your name, email address, IP address physical address, zip code, phone and fax numbers;
- Information about the domain and the host from which you access our services, including the computer’s Internet address and the browser and other software in use;
- Demographic information which may include, but is not limited to, your age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
StorySelling Solutions fully complies with all requirements of the Child Online Privacy Protection Act.
StorySelling Solutions uses information for several purposes, including:
- Verifying your identity;
- Detecting and preventing fraud and other illegal uses of our network;
- Fulfilling your requests for certain products and services;
- Engaging in research that will improve this network and website, as well as those of our partners; and
- Improving site administration and functioning and our overall services to you.
- Your billing information for purchased products
StorySelling Solutions will use best efforts to honor users who request to opt out of marketing messages, but under no circumstances will StorySelling Solutions have any liability for sending any E-mail to its users.
Users who do not wish to receive Emails, including StorySelling Solutions bulletins, StorySelling Solutions promotional E-mails, or Sponsor E-mails are requested to contact our information desk, or select the opt-out options that are available on all E-mail correspondence. We may also send to our users’ network and service announcement updates. Members are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about service notices and responsibilities. StorySelling Solutions occasionally communicates with its users via E-mail and phone to provide information about requested services and regarding issues related to their account and the network. It is important to note that this communication is not used for marketing or promotional purposes. Requesting the deletion of certain types of user information may prevent users from accessing some website and network features.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
StorySelling Solutions is required to share certain personally identifiable information with the United States government to comply with applicable federal laws and regulations or subpoenas, court orders or legal process or other formal requests issued by a government office or agency.
StorySelling Solutions may also send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people in certain circumstances allowed by law, including when we:
- Need to provide you with a service or process a financial product or service at your request, which sometimes requires that we share your information with the business partners or affiliates that may include, but are not limited to:
- Financial service providers;
- Credit card companies; and
- Brokerage houses;
- Implement institutional risk controls;
- Are considering or engaging in a proposed or actual transfer of the company or its radio stations to another entity, at which point we will share the information only with other parties to the transaction; and
- Have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Protect and defend the rights or property of StorySelling Solutions;
- Protect against fraud or prevent actual or potential fraud;
- Implement required institutional risk controls
- Protect the confidentiality of our records or the security of our records, transactions or systems;
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of StorySelling Solutions, or the public; or
- Enforce violations of the StorySelling Solutions User Agreement or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services
StorySelling Solutions may share aggregated, non-personal data and information with media partners, professionals and advertisers.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
StorySelling Solutions uses contact forms to allow visitors to send messages to employees of StorySelling Solutions. We capture your name, email address and phone number for the purpose of responding to your questions. We will not use this information for marketing purposes without your permission.
This website uses Google Analytics to track the number of visitors, popular pages and location of our visitors.
We use Google Analytics' 3rd-party audience data such as age, gender, and interests to better understand the behavior of our customers and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences... These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads' preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for seven years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example — Stripe and Square.
We accept payments through Stripe and Square. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe and Square, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
StorySelling Solutions endeavors to maintain the requisite security to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure both on and offline at a level that is equal to or better than that which is required by applicable law. StorySelling Solutions secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure from anyone other than our employees, agents, representatives, business partners and affiliates. StorySelling Solutions insures the proper handling of your information to prevent unauthorized access or identity theft. We do this by taking every reasonable means to insure your information cannot be accessed by anyone except you.
All employees of StorySelling Solutions have reviewed this privacy statement and must adhere to these privacy standards. They understand the importance of high levels of security and discretion in all functions that deal with your information.
We use industry standard efforts and have established reasonable security procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. These may include, without limitation, secure socket layers, firewalls, encryption, and password-restricted access to our services by employees of End User customers. However, please keep in mind that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet and/or the World Wide Web, and StorySelling Solutions assumes no responsibility, and expressly disclaims all liability, with regard to the loss or disclosure of your personally identifiable information due to causes outside of its direct control, including, without limitation, general Internet or transmittal failures and the actions of third-parties, such as hackers.
Limitations of Liability
BY PROVIDING US WITH ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION YOU EXPRESSLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS STORYSELLING SOLUTIONS AND ITS MEMBERS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, TRUSTEES, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE AND/OR MISUSE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. IN ADDITION, WHILE STORYSELLING SOLUTIONS MAKES EFFORTS TO ENSURE THE PROPER AND APPROPRIATE USE OF DATA PROVIDED BY STORYSELLING SOLUTIONS TO THIRD-PARTIES, THE RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE AND/OR MISUSE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION BY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
Correcting your Personal Information
StorySelling Solutions asks that you provide us with any changes to your personal information or your privacy preferences so that we can update your account accordingly. StorySelling Solutions is not responsible for any notifications or updates that do not reach you because you have not notified StorySelling Solutions of changes to your contact information.
Changes should be sent to info (at) storysellingsolutions (dot) com
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections.
StorySelling Solutions will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. StorySelling Solutions encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how StorySelling Solutions is protecting your information.